Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's Find a Deal!

Whether you are making a major purchase or a not-so-major purchase, shopping around for a deal can be fun! With the internet at your finger tips you can search an unlimited number of stores to make sure you are getting the best deal for whatever it is you are trying to buy.

Last weekend my husband and I were looking into laptops. Now, we are not going to buy a laptop because we are in the middle of a vigorous savings plan to get us home for Christmas, but we wanted to look around. Sometimes we have fun looking at products we do want to buy and finding the best deal that we can, even though we have no intention of purchasing. It was fun to go to a laptop site that sell refurbished laptops at really great prices and then head over to cnet.com and hear the review on that laptop and see all the comparison prices they post. Had we been in the market for a laptop we would have found the one we wanted at a bargain!

As I mentioned earlier, we recently bought a car. I was on the computer for hours each day researching cars. What brand to buy, what car to get, what would be the most reliable and have a good mpg. Not only did I research the exact car I wanted to get but then I needed to find the going rate for that car. I got the price point that most people were selling that car at and searched until I found the car I wanted for a couple thousand less. I had great satisfaction knowing I got the best possible deal on our car.

Also, Christmas is approaching (yes it is still many months away) but I can't get everyone's Christmas presents in a short period of time. I need to spread that money over many months. I was looking into some Wii games. I think it is so fun to search eBay and Amazon for a great deal. On those two websites there is always a great deal to be had! Keep those sites in mind as you begin your holiday shopping and starting early is a great way to get a great price! Getting presents for those you love isn't worth going into debt over, so spread out the shopping with just a little bit at a time so you won't be going into debt over a holiday.

As we take the time to look for deals and shop around, we are really showing our bank account that we care about it. If you don't rush out and buy something then chances are you will be able to find it some where without breaking the bank. By finding a deal and spending less we are able to save more, and that's the goal... SAVE MONEY!

Technorati Technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment